View All Posts

Dec 19

Discolored Water Investigation: New Email To Report A Complaint

Posted on December 19, 2022 at 7:07 AM by Vanessa Blecha

October 14, 2021

A new email address has been established so you can submit any discolored water issues that you are experiencing. Please email your complaint to Garden City. Please include your contact information and an explanation of your complaint. If you have the ability to send a photo as well please do. If you do not have or do not wish to use email, please call the Water Department at 516-465-4020 and leave a message with your name, address and contact phone number. All emails and information will be forwarded immediately to the Village Water Consultants at H2M who are collecting the information, obtaining water samples as needed and following up to help identify potential causes and solutions.

June 16, 2021

H2M had phone conversations with residents with recent discolored water issues and reached out to the Village to obtain a record of consumer complaints. H2M is waiting for discolored water presence history to evaluate locations. Discolored water complaints need to be reported to the Water Department at 516-465-4020. Residents should leave a message if no one answers the phone and provide their address, name and a contact phone number. H2M is gathering the data as part of its investigation into causes so that they can help us plan mitigation strategies. The Water Department often times will assist the resident in the short-term while they also share the information with H2M, which is looking at the long-term solution(s).